Glenwood City Public Library is accepting applications for the position of Library Assistant. This is a 10-20 hour a week job, including occasional evenings and alternating Saturdays. Starting wage is $10 an hour. We are looking for an avid reader with a passion for good public service and an ability to turn creative ideas into action.
The ideal candidate is a professional who has:
- Strong commitment to public service and patron privacy
- Proficiency in computers and technology including but not limited to: the
ability to attach files to emails, utilize and create digital marketing and
general computer skills.
- Ability to interact harmoniously and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to work with diverse populations of all ages, beliefs and
- Excellent skills utilizing emerging technologies
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to varied work schedules
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written; public-speaking presentation skills. Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
Interested applicants should be outgoing, creative, self-motivated, and possess both a positive attitude and a sense of humor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and executing Kids Craft Night
- Occasionally Storytime
- Shelf reading and organization
- Advocacy and promotion of library services
- Assists customers with Internet computers and other equipment
- Work at the circulation desk
- Other duties as assigned
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
For consideration, submit a resume and letter of interest by mail (PO Box 247; Glenwood City WI 54013) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 3rd, 2022. Any questions please call 715-265-7443.