The Mayville Public Library Board of Trustees seeks a Library Director to administer and lead staff, services, programing, facility maintenance, marketing, and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one years’ experience as a public library director or two to three years of public library experience in a related leadership role, with demonstrated performance at a progressively increased levels of responsibility. Candidates with equivalent administrative and public service experience in related fields may be also considered.
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree or greater from an accredited institution and have or be eligible for a regular Grade II Wisconsin Library Certificate. An MLIS degree while highly desirable, is not required.
- Be experienced in budget preparation.
- Possess knowledge of WI state statutes related to library operations and responsibilities. Attend meetings and participate as a member of the Monarch Library System.
- Be familiar with the general operation of municipal government and leadership; act as library representative and participate in regular municipal meetings and one-on one with city officials.
- Develops staff job descriptions, recommends and administers personnel policies.
- Defines expectations for staff performance and provide opportunities for staff training.
- Consults with the Board of Trustees as needed and prepare their agenda and attend their monthly meetings.
- Assist with the building plans and the construction of a new library.
About the Mayville Community
The City of Mayville is located near the Horicon Marsh, centered between Appleton, Madison and Milwaukee, within a hours drive of each. Mayville has an industrial background, and has a number of large industries head quartered in a rural community with a population of 5,000. We have a Foundation that has been very generous towards the Library and they are a very major backer of a new 18,000 square foot new Library project. We are in the planning phase of the building project, and hope to start construction within the near future.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual starting salary range for this position is $40,000 – $53,000, plus a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, vision and dental, retirement with the Wisconsin Retirement System, optional Deferred Compensation, Sick Leave, Holiday pay and paid vacation after 1 year, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three work related references to firstname.lastname@example.org.