The Menomonie Public Library is seeking a self-directed individual with a passion to provide quality library programming and services to the City of Menomonie and surrounding area. The ideal candidate should possess excellent customer service and communication skills, experience with technology, and the ability to work with children.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provides and/or supervises mission and vision driven library programming for all ages (baby, preschool, school-age, teen & adult)
- Plans, promotes and implements children’s storytimes throughout the year
- Plans, promotes and implements the summer reading program for all ages
- Maintains age-appropriate children’s play environment
- Develops and fosters strong, positive, and mutually beneficial relationships that grow and deepen the library’s connection to the community
Education and Experience
- Required: Associate’s degree and a minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in children’s literature, early childhood education, education, human development, or related fields
- Library coursework or equivalent experience/training in programming and youth services
- Language skills in English/Spanish or English/Hmong
This full-time (37.5 hours per week) position starts at $22 per hour, with paid holidays, vacation, and health and retirement benefits. Some evening and rotating weekend hours are required.
A background check is required for this position. A valid driver’s license is required.
View the full job description. To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Joleen Sterk, Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 26 at 6 p.m. Menomonie Public Library is an EOE.