The IFLS Library System is seeking a self-starter, service-oriented and collaborative individual to join our dedicated and friendly team as our new Public Services Consultant. IFLS staff and our partner libraries collaborate to provide outstanding, engaged, and inclusive services that contribute to informed, connected and literate communities. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission to inspire and facilitate library success by providing member libraries with the tools to serve, empower and lead their communities.
- Provides consulting in the following areas:
- Aligning library services with community needs and budget constraints
- Data/statistics in library planning
- Adult Services
- Library Administration
- Emerging trends in the library field
- Fosters partnerships and other collaborative relationships in support of the system and member libraries. Serves as the IFLS representative on the WPLC Board.
- Attends library and other library related meetings and advocates for library and system issues.
- Administers and evaluates the delivery service with assistance from Resource Sharing and Collection Consultant and the Interlibrary Loan and Courier Operations Consultant.
- Prepares and monitors the electronic resources, resource sharing, and delivery budgets with assistance from Resource Sharing and Collection Consultant, and the Interlibrary Loan and Courier Operations Consultant.
Please see the job description for additional information.
Required: Either a Bachelor’s Degree plus five years of progressively responsible library experience or a Master’s Degree in Library Sciences from an accredited college or university plus three years of progressively responsible library experience. Desired: 1-2 years in an administrative/supervisory capacity.
Hours and wages
Schedule will include 35 hours (full-time) per week with flexible work hours to meet the needs of our libraries. Wage starts at $29 an hour depending on qualifications. An excellent benefit package is available.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the names of 3-5 references to John Thompson at thompson.ifls.lib.wi.us. The deadline to apply is January 21, 2022.
The IFLS Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.