IFLS is working to support high quality storytime efforts in the region. Keep an eye on this page, it will be updated with resources, templates and more in the coming months.
Resources for Planning Storytime
- Storytime outlines and themes
- Handouts from Storytime Bonanza Workshop April 2013
- Rhymes and Fingerplays Resources
- Resources for Musical Activities and Songs
- Art/Craft Ideas and Activities
- Science and Math Activities (STEAM) Ideas
- Making sure storytime is inclusive
- Using technology/apps in storytime
- Sharing literacy tips and take-homes
Sharing Early Literacy Information
- Growing Wisconsin Readers is a state-wide inititiative to help caregivers learn about things they can do to help their children learn and grow, and to promote libraries as resources
- Every Child Ready to Read, 2nd Edition is a national initiative to help parents learn about basic practices (Talk, Read, Sing, Play, Write) and early literacy concepts for young children
Kits to borrow
- Themed Storytime Kits: these include books, storytelling aids, music and ideas
- Board book kits: these contain 20 copies of a board book for unison reading
- Large motor kits: these contain things like beanbags, parachutes, instruments to supplement storytime
- Sensory storytime kit: contains books, storytelling aids, large and small motor items, music, and ideas for making storytime more inclusive for children with sensory needs or developmental issues.
- The Early Childhood Exploration Kits may be useful to you in planning storytimes and other special events for young children.