The Technology & Library Assistant position is a newly created position to assist with technology support and front desk responsibilities. This position is for 15-20 hours (3–7 PM Mon, Tues, Wed. plus 3 Saturdays a month). The position will also fill in additional hours when needed, but no more than 29 hours per week. Position will be available approximately mid-May – depending upon COVID and the ability to open the library full time. Starting wage of $10.50/hour.
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of library operations
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving
- Ability to assist library patrons with technology such as computers and copy machine as well as help troubleshoot/assist patrons with their devices such as cell phones, e-readers, or iPads.
- Update and create library web site & Facebook/Social Media pages
- Create marketing materials including posters, flyers and newspaper articles using Canva
- Front desk responsibilities include checking in & out materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, answering questions, etc.
- Shelve library materials as needed
- Computer and general office experience
Position location is at the existing library. Bending/twisting and reaching is required as well as the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds or more. This position reports to the Library Director.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Creative, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively ideas and information in written and verbal form
- Advanced education in Library Science, Technology or Education or similar areas
- Prior library or customer service experience
- Knowledge of web site design & social media
Email Director at email@example.com