Greetings from the WLA Annual Conference! Swing over to the IFLS Facebook page for some pictures and videos. Submissions for Weekly Digest are due Wednesday of each week.Weekly Digest is taking a week off for Thanksgiving.
End of the Year tasks
Be sure to watch your email inbox for reminders from various IFLS staff about end-of-the-year tasks!
Ancestry remote is ending Dec. 31
Libraries need to check that you have in-library use access. Maureen is asking that you reply to this simple two-question survey so we can make sure we’re all good to go on Jan 1.
The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is pleased to announce that applications for the Nita M. Lowery 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) grant competition are available for the 2022-23 school year. The 21st CCLC grant is a federal grant that funds before-school, after-school, and summer programs across the state of Wisconsin. It’s open to public and school libraries, and collaboration is encouraged. There are a lot of details about this grant, so find all the information on the WI Libraries for Everyone blog.
Events, Professional Development & Calendar Items
Passive and Drop-In Programs: Love that Journey for Us
Thursday, December 9, 2-3 pm REGISTER NOW
Does the idea of coming up with a passive program make you feel like a disgruntled pelican? Do you have “ew, drop-ins” embroidered on a throw pillow? Let’s turn those negative thoughts on their head with a passive program buffet! Help yourself to whatever elements you like! Tips on collaboration? Sure thing! Passive programs in the time of COVID? Help yourself! By the end of this webinar, you’ll be positively bedeviled with ideas!
Presenter: Katherine Schoofs is the Youth Services Librarian/Assistant Director at Aram Public Library in Delavan, WI. She’s also a frequent contributor to the Youth Services Section Blog, and is the past-chair of YSS, as well as the chair of the Wisconsin Children’s Book Award Committee. In addition to #librarianlife, you can often find her spending time with her family, participating in impromptu song and dance parties, rocking out the thrift store, sharing memes and puns with reckless abandon, and incorporating shenanigans and pop culture references into everyday situations. This webinar will be recorded. It provides one contact hour for library directors needing certification.
For all the details, head over to the IFLS Calendar.
- November 25 – No Waltco Delivery, IFLS closed
- November 26 – Waltco will deliver today (contact Maureen ahead of time if you’ll be closed), IFLS closed
- Tue Nov 30th 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Creating a Healthy Culture with Conduct, Communication, and Conflict Resolution
- Thursday, December 9 – Passive and Drop-in Programs with Katherine Schools
- December 17 – Deadline to complete year-end record clean-up questionnaires (see details in November 15 email to directors from Bridget Krejci) Item cleanup form / Patron cleanup form
- January 3, 2022 – Deadline to volunteer for workgroup to explore MORE-wide standards for damaged item billing (see November 12 TWAM). Sign-up form
Operations, Marketing and Tech
The MORE Libraries app marketing toolkit is live.
Have a delightful Thanksgiving!