The Libraries Transform Communities Engagement Grant
This annual grant recognizes, promotes, and supports innovative and meaningful community engagement efforts in libraries.
For the 2020–2021 cycle, libraries are invited to submit applications for a community engagement project that focuses on anti-racism. One library will be selected to receive $2,000 to continue or expand its anti-racism community engagement efforts.
Resilience Training Teams Wanted
These are tricky times for everyone. Self-compassion and self-care are always important and they can be critical to our ability to live and work in these trying times. I wanted to make sure everyone saw this information about Compassion Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Training, coming up in January and February. DPI is accepting TEAM APPLICATIONS, due December 18. If this is interesting to you, there are several options:
- You could pull together a team from your library (2-4 people) to help facilitate discussions at your own library.
- You could pull together a team across libraries (2-4 people from different libraries) to help support each other to bring this training to your own libraries.
- I am going to apply to attend, and would be happy to put together a team to help spread this information to libraries throughout IFLS-land, with a priority of the participating libraries (let me know if you are interested in being on an IFLS-formed team by December 9—there is limited space).
Whether or not you are interested in the additional training, I highly recommend the December 8 DPI webinar, open to all, that is an introduction to the Compassion Resilience Toolkit.
New on the Website: Quick Snapshot of Library Services
This graphic will appear on the internal page for sharing library services status. Please don’t link to this page! If you want to share this information publicly, contact Reb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The categories here are not mutually exclusive. I’ll be updating this each week late on Thursday or early Friday. The first three boxes have to do with your physical building. The last four have to do with how the public interacts with your library. Questions? Ask Reb.
Coming Up Soon
- Fill Up Your Fuel Tank With Compassion Resilience (webinar highly recommended by Leah!) Tue Dec 8th 1:00pm – 2:00pm Feeling stressed, fatigued, or burned out? Do you want to start the new year with more resilience? This webinar is for you!
- Accessible Libraries 101 (another highly recommended webinar) Thu Dec 10th 10:00am – 11:00am. Find out what to watch out for in your facilities from Angela Meyers, the Coordinator of Youth and Inclusive Services from the Bridges Library System.
- IFLS will be closed December 24, 25 and 31 and January 1.
- Two January online events to look forward to: LSLS 2021 Mid-Winter Unsymposium, Fri Jan 8th 1:00pm – 4:00pm; Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference on Jan 27th and 28th from 9:00am – 3:30pm.
Details are on the IFLS calendar.