Don’t Miss TWAM!
Do you get This Week at MORE (TWAM)? This weekly email is always full of useful and timely information. To find out about this and other essential e-mail lists go to the MORE and IFLS Email Lists page on the IFLS website.
Annual Reports are coming
We’ve got you covered.
- Lori Roholt and her IFLS colleagues will begin compiling data for your libraries’ annual reports, with the goal of having as much data as possible pre-filled into your electronic forms once they’re open to directors in late January.
- Annual Report Workshop in Eau Claire and Rice Lake. Join IFLS staff to walk through the Annual Report followed by open lab work time with staff on hand to provide one-on-one assistance. Make it easier on yourself: click on those links and register.
- January’s Marketing Monthly will be dedicated to communicating annual report data. (Marketing who, you say? Marketing Monthly. Check it out.)
Library Love Story: January 5 launch
Everything you need is here.
One Seed, One Wisconsin
Tovah Anderson (Public Information Coordinator, Arrowhead Library System) invites you to bring this project to your library
One Seed, One Wisconsin is a loosely defined seed giveaway and programming project spearheaded by Kirsten Almo, director emeritus of Edgerton Public Library.
2023’s seed variety is the Wisconsin 55 Tomato, which has a fascinating history! Please use #1Seed1WI when promoting or posting about this project so everyone can see what the participants are up to!
Participating libraries can dive as deep as they like or just skim the surface of this project. More details are available in the one-page Guide for Librarians – One Seed One Wisconsin – 2023, and in the free promotional toolkit at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zdgj4BtiNicindzirSXGw_rxb2-AvBYO?usp=sharing
New on the Calendar
All 2023 dates for IFLS Board of Trustees meetings, MORE Executive Council and More Directors Council meetings have been added to the calendar. We’ll update the calendar if dates change or if meetings are cancelled.
Also coming up:
- 8 am Dec 30, MORE agenda items deadline (more info)
- Friday, Dec 30: IFLS office closed
- Saturday, Dec 31: Freading subscription ends (Anne Hamland is in the process of removing Freading products from IFLS websites.)
- Monday, Jan 2: IFLS office closed
- Friday, Jan 6: MORE Executive Committee meeting and Deadline: Apply for Professional Development Scholarships or Grants
- Don’t forget!