IFLS closed, no delivery on Labor Day
No courier delivery to libraries on Monday, September 7 due to Labor Day holiday. WALTCO will be delivering to Monday libraries on Tuesday, September 8. If a Tuesday delivery is a problem or you have other holiday delivery instructions, please let Maureen know. Have a good holiday!
September 17 Drive Thru Job Fair Locations
WWDA partners across the state on September 17 for Wisconsin’s second statewide Drive Thru Job Fair. Participants can stay safely in their cars and collect job postings and career opportunities. Employers and Job Seekers can find more information HERE: https://www.wwda.org/drive-thru-job-fair
New on the IFLS website
The results from the IFLS Libraries COVID-19 Operations survey are up. You can find the link in the Operations toggle on the COVID-19 page. Here’s a link: https://iflsweb.org/knowledge-base/library-opening-and-service-status/
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you can attend from where you are, whether in the library or working from home. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems.
For webinars related to COVID-19, click title to register:
- Libraries Helping Students Succeed During COVID-19 – 2pm on Tuesday, Sep 8
- Redesigning Library Spaces for Health and Safety – 1pm on Tuesday, Sep 15
- Navigating the New Normal: Lessons Learned for Building More Resilient Libraries – Noon on Tuesday, Sep 15
- The Ins and Outs of Virtual Programming – 9:30am on Friday, Sep 18
- Virtual Programs for Public Libraries – 1pm on Tuesday, Sep 29
For webinars on managing stress & building resilience, click title to register:
- Choose Your Mindset, Change the World with Ryan Harris – 6pm on Tuesday, Sep 1
- Why You Need to Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time – 3pm on Thursday, Sep 17
- Towards a Mindful Practice in Library Work – 2pm on Tuesday, Sep 22
- Building Your Immunity to Other People’s Negativity – Noon on Wednesday Sep 23
Tech Days 2020 is a series of 4 webinars over 2 days, click title to register:
- Technology Training for Non-Techies – 10am on Wednesday, Sep 23
- Mind the Gap: How to Navigate Your Way Across the Digital Divide (And Why That Isn’t As Easy As It Sounds) – 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 23
- Productivity and Technology – 10am on Thursday, Sep 24
- Change is a Constant: Technology, Service, and Constant Change – 1pm on Thursday, Sep 24
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Managing Hostility in Public Discourse to Create Effective Public Engagement: Living in an Age of Anger and Getting Things Done – 12:30pm on Wednesday, Sep 9
- Laundry Cares Foundation Virtual Literacy Summit 2020 – Noon on Tuesday, Sep 15
- Advocating for Anti-Racist Workspaces – Noon on Thursday, Sep 17
- Getting Hit on by Customers: Women (and Men) Share Their Tools for Stopping Unwanted Attention – 1pm on Thursday, Sep 17
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).