Reminder: Reply to Library Card Bulk Order
Reb needs every single IFLS library to reply “yes” or “no” to make sure that no one is left out. I’ve heard from 30 of you! Thanks! If you don’t complete the form, I’ll be giving you a call (which is entirely enjoyable for me, btw). You don’t have to have your design ready to order. Oh, you bet you can ask Reb questions! (firstname.lastname@example.org) Here’s the link with all the details and the form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQaE_qkAWvOU5ZusJukB8JscW9j47sEyGluFpMvfMT8iEokw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Leah Langby can provide support for grant writing and applications.
- East Asia in Wisconsin Accepting Grant Applications Through October 1 Grants of up to $1,000 for collection purchases and programming about East Asia. WI Libraries for Everyone blog post has ideas and information. Application details are on the East Asia in Wisconsin webpage.
- Wisconsin Public Library Marketing Plan workshop and $1,000 grantt opportunity:
- Any public library in Wisconsin is eligible to submit a mini-grant proposal to develop and implement a marketing plan. Those selected will be awarded $1,000 toward their plan. Libraries of all sizes are encouraged to apply.
- To ensure the success of each marketing plan, grant recipients will attend a workshop on November 12, led by national library marketing experts Kathy Dempsey and Angela Hursh. In addition, grant recipients will receive individual consultations in early 2022 with Kathy Dempsey and will be assigned a marketing expert as a resource throughout the process.
- Reminder: Final round of Wisconsin Humanities Recovery Grants opens September 15 with a deadline of October 15. Funds can be used for general operating expenses, programming, strategic planning and capacity building, technical/consultant needs related to a digital transition, expansion of outdoor and virtual humanitiesprogramming and activities and equity assessments and planning that are related to coronavirus and the economic crisis as part of pandemic recovery.
So Many Free Webinars!
Please check the NEWI list of free professional development webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are.
Coming Up on the IFLS Calendar
- Mon Sep 6th IFLS office closed for Labor Day
- Tue Sep 7th Sierra Upgrade Sierra and connected services may be down for the full day. Prepare ahead of time: Sierra’s Offline Circulation program is a good option for recording checkouts that day. Saved passwords will be lost. Some libraries are closing for the day.
- Tue Sep 14th and Thu Sep 16 Webmaster Office Hours
- Sep 15-16 Tech Days for Wisconsin Libraries 2021
- The Sep 16 Registration Deadline for Human Resources Round Table with Mabel Gehrett (for IFLS libraries only).
- Fri Sep 17, 10-12 MORE Directors Council Meeting. Go to the MORE Committees page and open the Directors Council toggle for meeting materials.
- Fall webinar series on staff empowerment, sponsored by WVLS, NWLS and SWLS. Details in this post.
- Thu Sep 30 Actively Anti-Racist Library Service to Leisure Readers (culmination/discussion) There’s some pre-webinar prep for this one, so be sure to read the full calendar entry.