Guidance on how to respond to Neutrality Issues
The Library Responses to Neutrality Issues document was compiled by various System Staff and the Division for Libraries and Technology (DPI) for all of the systems to share with our member libraries. We all hope that the foundational statements and sample elevator speeches will be useful. You can also find this on the website on the Marketing and Advocacy page, or in the Article Index.
Guidance on Voter Registration
I added a resource on the website from the Wisconsin Elections Commission. You can link to it with the button on top of the staff page, or through the Article Index (It’s under the heading “Adult Services”)
- Are patrons putting absentee ballots in your library’s book drop?
- Are you wondering how your library could be a polling place?
- Are patrons confused about the absentee ballot process and timeline to vote by mail?
Join us for a webinar with people who can answer your questions about the 2020 Election and how your library can support voter turnout during the pandemic.
- Date: Monday, October 12, 2020
- Time: 9:00 – 10:00am
- Register here
Coming Right Up
Three IFLS webinars NEXT WEEK! (Take a peek at the calendar to see what’s coming up!)
- MORE Catalog (public side) webinar: Bring your questions and the frequently-asked questions you hear from patrons to this webinar on October 8. Lori Roholt will answer the common questions patrons submit online and go over some special features of the new(ish) MORE Catalog. register
- Are you Fumbling with Facebook? (Oct 7) Is Facebook just taking up way too much of your valuable time? Are you frustrated with the “New Facebook”? Reb will walk through the platform with you and share some ways to save time and headaches. (In response to lots of requests, it’ll be recorded.) register
- Strategies for Virtual School Success (Oct 12), a collaborative virtual event between a lot of libraries and IFLS. Leah sent out promotional materials, please share this timely event in your community! Ask Reb if you need help, there’s also a Facebook event on the IFLS Facebook page. register