Welcome to new library directors: Denise Korenuk (Cornell Public Library), Nick Andrews, (Elmwood Public Library), Kallie Anderson (Boyceville Public Library).
ed. note: Weekly Digest tries to catch all the new directors. If WD missed your staffing change, please send an email to Reb at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Weekly Digest” in the title.
After School (from Valerie Spooner, Rusk County Community Library)
I was recently invited to a webinar hosted by the Wisconsin Afterschool Network and was really impressed with the quality and the information. I had never heard of the program before but it seems like a natural fit with many of the things youth services librarians are trying to do. Here’s a link with info about the program. https://www.wiafterschoolnetwork.org/en/About-Us
Randy Neve is the person who contacted me and he is very interested in getting libraries involved and would be happy to answer any of your questions. His email is email@example.com.
Happy Spring and Happy Collaborating!
Solar Eclipse Activities for Libraries (from Barb, Deer Park)
The site includes a link to requesting free eclipse glasses. Some of us are attending a workshop next week on activities that libraries can hold relating to the annular eclipse in 2023 and the total solar eclipse in 2024. https://www.starnetlibraries.org/about/our-projects/solar-eclipse-activities-libraries-seal/
Registration is open: LSLS23
Registration for the eleventh Lake Superior Libraries Symposium is now open! LSLS23: Matter of Fact: Information Literacy in an Age of Fake News will be held on Friday, June 9, 2023, at Kathryn A. Martin Library on University of Minnesota Duluth campus in Duluth, Minnesota. Library staff, administrators, trustees, and students from the Upper Midwest and beyond are invited to attend and participate. Register today.
Free webinar from ALA
In this free ALA webinar learn best practices and strategies for supporting staff, board, and community members through program challenges. When: May 31, 2023 at 2:00 pm CST. Info and registration
Calendar items coming up
- Delivery Survey Week: Mon May 1st – Fri 5th
- How to Move Past Midwest Nice Towards Safety and Belonging (WI Libraries Talk About Race): Thu May 4th 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Executive Committee Meeting: Fri May 5th 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Webmaster Office Hours: Tue May 9th 10:00am
- Vocal Health Workshop: Wed May 10th 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Build Skills & Take Action to Stand Up for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Wed May 17th 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- After hand-delivering Spring Valley’s toolkit Reb BELIEVEs that all libraries have gotten their passport kit and sticker packet. There’s no return receipt with Waltco, so please let Reb know if you DID NOT get your library’s passport kit. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Large format posters should be on their way.
- One more update on the Fabric Arts list. I think I’ll have to call an end on changes at this point. Link is in on the toolkit page.
- This month’s Marketing Monthly is out with links to the toolkit page and social media posts. Look there for prize descriptions and other updates. I’ll announce updates and link to those resources here going forward.
Have a good weekend! If you blink, you might miss spring. It almost goes this fast: Spring wildflower timelapse