We’re thinking about all the folks in our IFLS communities that were impacted by last weekend’s flooding. Please reach out if we can be of any assistance, or if you just need a sympathetic ear.
Reminder: July 3 Courier
From Maureen: Talking About Delivery Changes
Maureen has developed some suggestions based on statements from WRLS and River Falls Public Library. When you’re developing your statement, the key points to cover are quarantine time and the care that your library is using to slowly expand services with your community’s health in mind.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to adjust our services according to the guidance of the Department of Public Instruction and our local health officials. We are prioritizing the wellness and safety of our patrons and staff. All items returned to [your name here] are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours which means that you may not see returned items removed from your account immediately. (WRLS version)
Materials from other MORE libraries are starting to arrive but will take longer to arrive due the backlog from March – June, limited delivery, and quarantine time. Feel free to place holds on materials from other MORE libraries. New holds that are available at other libraries may take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
Thank for you for your patience. (RFPL version)
From Michelle (Hammond): online registration
Hammond added an online registration form to her website. She’s willing to share the form.
From Reb: “Free” tax sites that aren’t free
Big companies like Intuit and H&R Block use misleading practices to steer users looking for free services onto their paid platforms. Intuit is currently being sued for making their free site so hard to find.
Tell your community: if you make less than $69,000/year you can file for free! If they’re being prompted to pay, it’s probably a scam.
- Jo shared this Mental Health Resources flyer from Resilient Wisconsin.
- Reb’s been using Time Out to remind her to take breaks. Here’s a listing of apps to remind you to stretch, rest your eyes and take a break. You’ll feel better at the end of the day, and it’s good for productivity. Here’s a little bonus to help your posture.
On the Website
- A reminder that we have some general trustee resources that you can link to on your own site, or copy and use. Here’s what the page specifically for IFLS trustees looks like.
- The delivery schedule is updated weekly.
- I’ll be removing the cataloging button on the staff page, but all of the great content developed and maintained by Kathy and team are still on the website! Connect with that content on the MORE resources page or the Article Index.
- Remember, Ancestry Library Edition is free until the end of the month!
- Science Resources from Your Home Librarian.