Did you say “free”?
Register for FREE KITS to celebrate the Wisconsin Science Festival (October 10-16), from Leah
Last year, libraries across the state participated in the Wisconsin Science Festival as a place that members of the public could pick up free science kits. They are looking for library partners again for this year’s Wisconsin Science Festival: The Year of Glass, October 10-16.
About the kits:
- Each take-home kit will include multiple activities.
- The kits would arrive a week before the festival to give the libraries plenty of time to arrange setup and pick up.
- If you have any other science-related activities that week, you can also participate by creating a listing on the science festival website.
- Register for kits as soon as possible here: Wisconsin Science Festival Kit Registration Link You can request 25 or 50 kits.
- There may be a waiting list, so don’t delay!
Follow the Money
From John: The DPI website’s grant page includes grant resources: Additional Grant funding opportunities: Federal, State, and Private Funds
Katelyn’s Pick of the Week
Webinar: Weed ‘Em and Reap
Are you struggling with weeding? Maybe you don’t have a lot of experience and are wondering where to start. Check out this webinar from WebJunction all about the joys and value of weeding.
“Reap the benefits of a well-weeded collection! This session discusses the life cycle of a collection, including weeding techniques, collection management policies, and how to motivate reluctant weeders. Join co-authors of the popular Awful Library Books blog to learn their holistic approach to collection management as they help all types and sizes of libraries find the joy in a shelf list that reflects a clean, relevant, and current collection.”
I think my favorite quote about weeding from this webinar was “I’m selecting for the book sale.” Enjoy!
Professional Development Opportunities
Leah’s list for this month. The * indicates an IFLS-sponsored event.
- *Wisconsin Trustee Training Week, August 22-August 26, 12-1 each day. A full line-up for trustees!
- Niche Academy–From Diversity to Inclusion: How to Audit Your Collection and Why, August 24, 1-2 pm.
- *Youth Services In-Person Check-In at LE Phillips Memorial Public Library in Eau Claire, September 13, 1-3:30 pm.
- *Mental Health in Library Customer Interactions, September 15, 2-3 pm.
- *Wisconsin Tech Days webinars, September 20-21.
Are you a MORE librarian but not on the TWAM list? Please contact Lori Roholt to be added.
- August 18 at 10a – LibraryIQ demo: Acquisitions and Cataloging features/capabilities. Live demo link went out in the 8-17-22 TWAM weekly email. This session will be recorded.
- August 19 – Resume sending any bins/materials for Eau Claire through delivery (see email from Katelyn Noack, 8-17-2022)
If you didn’t see Marketing Monthly in your inbox, you may need to update your subscription.
- If you’ve never subscribed, sign up here.
- If you recently switched email providers, open the last Marketing Monthly you received and click on the “update your preferences” link at the bottom of the e-letter.
- Can’t find an old Marketing Monthly? No worries. Just sign up again! Your old email will eventually be deactivated.
Reminder: website survey
Please remember to fill out the IFLS website survey, especially if you rarely use the website! Thanks!
Just for fun: bingo for public librarians
Have a great week!