May 4 – 7, 2021
FREE Continuing Ed and Learning
- Collection Development to Support Indigenous Patrons: Looking for Mirrors in the Library – 1:30pm on Monday, Apr 19
- Uplifting Native Voices: Carole Lindstrom and Michaela Goade discuss “We Are Water Protectors” – 1pm on Wednesday, Apr 21
- Book Clubs for Neurodivergent Adults: Let’s Get Together! – 2pm on Wednesday, Apr 21
- Diversifying Your Collection as a Small Library– 1pm on Thursday, Apr 22
- Mental Maintenance – 9am on Wednesday, Apr 28
- How to Reduce Police Calls and Keep Everyone Safe in Your Organization (with Ryan Dowd), 1 pm on May 6
- Managing Outside the Lines (IFLS webinar)—10 am on Wednesday, May 12 or Thursday, May 13
- School Library Journal Day of Dialog—all day on Thursday, May 20
ALA Connect Live: Library Marketing and Outreach
Every month the ALA hosts a free online conversation. This month’s is about marketing, specifically talking about Library Card Sign-up Month. Register and submit questions.
SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+
Running April 29 – August 4 2021, SYNC gives participants two thematically paired audiobooks each week.
- Titles are accessible in Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive.
- Sora is available in your browser at soraapp.com, or as an app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Each SYNC audiobook will be featured in Sora a window of 7 days.
- Titles are yours indefinitely once you “borrow” them during their 7-day availability window in Sora.
All the details: https://audiofilemagazine.com/sync-faq/
List of titles: https://www.audiofilemagazine.com/sync-season/
Read the blog: https://audiofilemagazine.com/articles/on-your-mark-sync-returns-in-april/
SYNC homepage: https://audiofilemagazine.com/sync/