Weekly Digest is taking the holidays off. See you on January 7.
It’s the 9th Annual Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference!
2 days, 4 tracks and 14 sessions
Just a few highlights of a packed couple of days:
- In the opening session you’ll dig into libraries’ role as Information Specialist and how that works during a pandemic, with Dipesh Navsaria, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health.
- Trenton Smiley (Marketing and Communications Director, Capital Area District Library, Lansing, MI) will provide his insight into how to make your library better with inclusive marketing.
- Jennie Garner (Director; North Liberty Library, North Liberty, IA) lays out her experience with a Nitty Gritty Policy Makeover.
- Beck Tench (Instructor and PhD Candidate, University of Washington Information School, Seattle, WA) will inspire you to Stay True to Yourself in Times of Stress in the closing session.
Take some time to get all the info and register for this!
Get a Job Seeker page for your website
As benefits start to run out and the pandemic loosens up, it’s likely you’ll get job seekers looking for resources at the library. If you’d like a Job Seekers Page on your website (like Ladysmith’s), contact Anne Hamland to get on her list.
What you’re loving
- Cadott is going fine-free on January 1.
- Ellsworth village has agreed to purchase a bank building on main street for the library! Fundraising is started.
- Maureen likes these useful REALM Project resources:
- A couple of the more useful pandemic resources
- Find the Accessible Libraries webinar on the IFLS webinar quick links page.
Free web accessibility tools from WebAIM:
New on the website
- An archive page for the weekly library services snapshot.
- Coming soon: menu update for staff page