Apply before August 16, 2019
The Youth Services Librarian is responsible for the development and implementation of the library’s program of service to children.
- Selects and executes the program of library service for children
- Develops and carries out comprehensive children’s programs from infants through high school.
- Selects material for, and maintains children’s collection
- Assists patrons with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
- Proficient in posting on social media
- Coordinates with local school for orientation tours and programs
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Experience in a customer service role
- Attention to detail and good problem solving abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Ability & Skills:
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of children’s literature and child development
- Knowledge of library skills and operations
- Prior experience with library systems
- Ability to plan, develop, and execute programming for children
- Ability to work effectively with children and their parents.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Bonnie Carl at email@example.com