Can’t find what you’re looking for here? Use this search box in the IFLS Article Index main page.
Need help answering specific questions or finding additional resources?
Click on the green HelpDesk button and we’ll make sure the right IFLS staff gets that message right away. Can’t find the green button? Use this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rethinking Policies with Access in Mind
When considering whether to implement or change a policy, rule or guideline, consider the following:
▪ Is this a legal expectation required as a public non-profit organization and/or by city, county, state and/or federal statute?
▪ Will this attract and retain children, individuals, families, volunteers, and partners who reflect a broad interpretation of diversity?
▪ Will this reflect best practices and principles in the field of library science?
▪ Will this enhance the quality of the library learning environment?
▪ Will this ensure an equitable and uniform opportunity for participation in learning experiences?
▪ Will this promote and expect efficient and effective use of fiscal and human resource.
Adapted by Julie Keown-Bomar, University of Wisconsin Extension Original Source.
- Carleton A. Friday Memorial Library (New Richmond)
- G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Library (Bloomer)
- McIntosh Memorial Library (Viroqua)
- Pepin Public Library
- River Falls Public Library
- Chippewa Falls Public Library
- L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library (Eau Claire)
- Lester Public Library (Two Rivers)
Meeting Room Appeal Form
Photography & Recordings
3D Printer Copyright Notice
- Warning Notice for Copyright Infringement prepared by Tomas Lipinski (UWM)
Administration of the Library
- Neenah Public Library (full policy manual, see pages 25-28)
- Mead Public Library (Sheboygan)