Flip Your Focus and Think Like a Reader: RA Basics Renovated webinar with Becky Spratford and Autumn Friedli (from NoveList Day of Learning, 2021) Here are the slides from that presentation.
Becky’s 10 Rules of Basic Readers Advisory Service
These ten tips sum up Becky’s advice. You can find those and other content on her RA for All website.
Becky Spratford is a librarian, consultant, blogger, and trainer who specializes in Readers Advisory.
Recommended by IFLS Librarians
- MORE catalog with NoveList Select features such as related titles, similar authors, and series information.
- NoveList Plus* (There’s a link to this on the MORE Research Page. Scroll to the bottom under “Literature”.)
- Fantastic Fiction is a database of bibliographies of over 50,000 fiction authors, with up-to-date information on series (includes authors writing for young people, but not picture books)
- Shelf Awareness is an industry newsletter with information about new titles getting a lot of buzz
- Literature Map Type in a favorite author and it creates a list of authors to try, with the most compatible ones closer to the center–based on data of users.
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center Book Search Allows you to search and create lists of books recommended by the Cooperative Children’s Book Center, filtering for audience, diversity subject, format, topic, and more.
*NoveList Plus consolidates the NoveList and NoveList K-8 services available through BadgerLink, and adds adult non-fiction & audiobook info. NoveList Plus is made available with funding from IFLS.