Last Updated On September 23, 2019
- The Status Reports feature allows you to import and process EDIFACT ORDRSP files (commonly referred to as order responses or order acknowledgements). These files contain a detailed description of your library’s orders with the vendor, including the status of each order and a confirmation of copies ordered. Vendors frequently prepare an order response file for orders recently placed, but a vendor can prepare a file for all outstanding orders.
Vendor Record Set-up
- The vendor record must be set-up for Edifact ordering
- VCODE 3 = d; GIR CODE = 0; NOTE 1 has the account number, NOTE 2 has the vendor’s SAN
- Choose Status Reports from the Function drop-down list.
- Choose Download. Sierra displays the FTP dialog.
- Choose the vendor from the drop-down list and choose Connect.
- Enter the username and password and select OK
- Once connected, the vendor directories will be on the right side of the screen. When sending orders, the orders must be put in the IN directory. When downloading both status reports and invoices, you must be in the OUT directory
- Double-click on the Out Directory
- Highlight the appropriate file (status reports/order reponses should have an .ORD extension) and choose Get
- Close the FTP dialog box.
- When you choose Get from the FTP dialog, the system processes the file and displays the order response information for each order in a table on the Preview tab
- Each row in this table contains standard information for a specific order, such as record number, title, and if your library has the blanket purchase order functionality enabled, blanket purchase order numbers. Additionally, the table includes the following status columns:
- Status Desc.
- This column displays the message from the vendor regarding the order status. This message can include information such as the order action taken by the vendor (e.g., “accepted without amendment”, “accepted with change”, or “cancelled”), the quantity ordered, the quantity sent, availability status (e.g., backordered), and a free text message.
- If an order is listed as cancelled in the Status Desc. column, the system does not automatically cancel the order.
- Status Desc.
- System Status
- This column displays the status for each order response, as well as any error messages . If there is an error in this column for a specific order, that order record cannot be updated. Only orders with the status of “Ready” can be updated.
- When you have finished reviewing the order response information, choose Process to update the order records with the current status. Sierra inserts a variable-length field into the order record to store the vendor’s response. After the processing is complete, the Processed tab appears. For each order that was successfully processed, the system changes the System Status to “Updated”.
- Once the report has processed, there will be a note in the order record.
- If you do not want to process the current file, you can exit the Status Reports function at any time. Alternatively, you can download a different file without processing the current information by choosing Download. Sierra clears the Preview tab and displays the FTP dialog again for you to retrieve the new file.
Delete FTP Entries
- Choose Print/Send Orders from the Function drop-down list
- Highlight the appropriate order records (those you just downloaded an update in the Status Reports function) and press the Delete icon near the top of the screen
- When asked if you want to Delete the selected entries, choose Yes.