Library Love Story due now for Library Legislative Day
You’re rocking it out there! So far I’ve gotten 133 submissions plus coloring pages. (See instructions below.)
You are amazing libraries, and I’m so proud to help represent you next Tuesday in Madison. I’m putting together the handout for Library Legislative Day over the next couple days for John to bring with him on Monday. Please get your love stories to me as soon as possible. (You’ll continue to have access to the form results and the form will stay open if you want to continue collecting stories for your own advocacy and marketing!)
You can submit this stories right onto the form. If there are coloring pages or graphics you’d like to share, you can scan them and send them. I’ll pick a couple to include, and indicate how many we’ve received. If you don’t want to scan yours just let me know how many you got.
Beanstack Extended to 2025
Most of you will have heard this directly from our consultants at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, or possibly directly from Beanstack, as I just did. Zoobean, Beanstack’s parent company, has decided to renew the statewide contract for Beanstack through April of 2025 at no charge. Make sure everyone who needs the information gets it, please!
DPI will most likely not be able to renew the statewide contract for beyond that April 2025 date, but this gives libraries using Beanstack and the systems that serve them an extra year to prepare for the change.
If you have questions about this, please contact Jeni Schomber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip of the Week
The more details included in a blank ILL request, the faster and easier it is to process! WorldCat, Amazon, Goodreads, and publisher’s websites are great resources for information!
from Website Services
Submit ALL requests for website assistance with a HelpDesk ticket.
Smokey is on his way
Every library is getting a Smokey the Bear Reading Challenge packet in courier from IFLS (Thanks, Leah!). Redistribute between libraries using the plstaff listserve. Becky from Phillips mentioned that if you contact your local Forestry/DNR office you can schedule an in-person visit from Smokey!
New on the web
- IFLS staff are excited about some of the sessions in this year’s Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference! If you weren’t able to attend live, go to their archive page to watch recordings. Our faves:
- WLA has added an extensive intellectual freedom reading list and the IFLS Challenge Support and Intellectual Freedom Resources page is on that list! (Well done, Cecelia and team!) Click on the Intellectual Freedom Toolkit button on the Intellectual Freedom Resources page.
February website trainings
All are on zoom.
- Monday, February 12, 1 – 2 PM: Topic: Using Alt+Text for Images
- Thursday, January 15, 1 – 2 PM: Topic: Website 201
- Thursday, January 15, 2 – 3 PM: Topic: Website Blog Posts
- Tuesday, February 20, 11 AM – 12 PM: Topic: Website Accessibility Learning Group
- Wednesday, February 21, 11 AM – 12 PM: Topic: Website 201
Coming Up on the IFLS calendar
New events are added regularly! Make sure to check back.